Redbridge Chamber networking breakfast…
Start-up business can join up as members for a calendar year for free. Info on the Chamber website.
Business and community networking starts to join the dots
We had a great Saturday afternoon on 13th May in Barkingside library! Our first business and community networking event 🙂. We have noticed that there is a need in the borough to bring sectors together.
Question: Why do businesses and community groups network separately when both have a stake in the borough, both want local trade/clients and both benefit from being involved and helping to make things better. Sophia Hubs wants to join these dots!
With thanks to our three fab speakers:
Thanks to our 20 guests who all actively joined in:
- a mix of freelancers, start-ups, established businesses, community groups and an active local resident – Harvey.
Thanks to our singer:
- ‘Absolutely fabulous event – I really enjoyed it’ Ambika Pindoria (Ana) – Hi-Juice business mentor
- Very encouraging and helpful for my business Donna Valencia -start up acupuncturist
- Really interesting event – look forward to the next one – Jay Bhatt- start up financial adviser
- Thanks. An amazing meeting with so many different people – Smita Singh – Vaani community organisation
- It was a most enjoyable afternoon. The warmth in the room was lovely! Emma Jones, Barkingside business networking hub
When we get the feedback from the survey monkey, we’ll share our learning and how it shapes our next networking event.
Here’s a bit of a homespun video to give you a little taster of the event. Our next one is 28 June 6pm.
We had a great time sharing the skills of Ilford residents, community groups, start-ups, businesses and….. Ilford Recorder reporters Ralph and Matthew. It took place at the new Mont Rose College on 4th May 2017. 🙂
Why write a report when the Ilford Recorder summed it up so well?!
See our video with an explanation of what a Timebank is from Sam Cowan
And here’s some pics…
The date of the next skills swap is not set yet and we are about to change the platform a bit so please be patient with us. Or come along on a Monday (12.30-2.30) or Thursday (11-1) at the Redbridge Institute to find out more. Or look at the Timebank info page
Good news – ample, friendly co-working space re-opens at Ilford Library on Tuesday 9 May. It’s open during library opening hours.
To access the faster wifi you will need a library card and to register. We are not sure yet if the Enterprise Desk users (the name of previous hub project) will need to re-register or just pass over to the new space and offerings.
There will be some business support and occasional meetings/events.
More news to follow.
We are delighted announce our speakers for the first of our monthly specials – a business and community get-together with our USP of business and community collaboration in Redbridge
- Saturday 13 May 2-5.30pm: Aldborough room, Fullwell Cross Library, Barkingside, IG6 2EA
- Carrie Swift of Love Public Speaking from South London on the importance of public speaking skills and tips to get a fab 60 second ‘elevator pitch’
- Ambika Pindoria (Ana) of High Juice on Barkingside High Street- a business growth and mentoring service that believes in engaging with the community
- Smita and Rajesh of Vaani an entrepreneurial Redbridge community group that are experts in building partnerships
- 2.00 Arrivals
- 2.15 Welcome and introductions
- 2.25 First speaker: Carrie Swift
- 2.40 Comments, questions, responses
- 2.50 Singer
- 2.55 Speed networking activity
- 3.30 Second speaker: Ana Pindoria
- 3.40 Comments, questions, responses
- 3.50 Break/refreshments
- 4.05 Notices -open to all
- 4.15 Singer
- 4.25 Third speaker/s Smita & Rajesh
- 4.35 Comments, questions, responses
- 4.45 Freestyle networking
- 5.15 Closing comments – open to all
- 5.30 Close
Tickets: £10 (plus booking fee) from Eventbrite. £5 for bronze members. £0 for silver & gold members! 🙂 For bronze, silver & gold members, reserve your place here and for bronze please bring your £5 with you. Info on membership here https://sophiahubs-redbridge.com/membership/.
Look forward to seeing you!
Ros and Celestine
We are delighted to promote this book launch event of Sophia Hubs member, Ruth Pearson 🙂
Ruth has now set up her well being business and the book launch is part of her business plan to build up her profile and customer trust. Ruth is an consultant on the Well Being Charter for workplaces. https://www.listeningtoyourvoice.co.uk/
Thursday 8th June 6.30-830, Cheapside London
It’s free — tickets on Eventbrite. Hope to see you there.
About City Business Library
These seminars are cheap, wide ranging and well worth attending. Here’s the latest programme
We note that Sophia Hubs member Mike Loomey is running a range of his excellent SEO seminars!
To go on the mailing list and receive the programme quarterly, contact Vijeshrie.Vaghela@cityoflondon.gov.uk