We are the first port of call! Please see the website pages for the support we offer: membership, Timebank, entrepreneurs club, events, Sophia course, weekly information, green business, collaboration opportunities. 🙂
- Hub Central will be launching in May 2017 to replace some of the services and support based on 2nd floor of Ilford library, previously called Enterprise Desk. This includes business mentor support from Leonore Lord. The launch will be on Tuesday 9 May 12-1.30. More info to follow
- Redbridge Libraries – fantastic range of support, online periodicals and e-business books, business databases including Cobra.
- Redbridge Chamber Commerce runs monthly business breakfasts on Tuesday mornings and other networking events and represents business issues within Redbridge. Start-up businesses can have a year’s free membership.
- Redbridge College – holds quarterly evening business networking events 6-8pm. Contact is email@example.com to get on the mailing list.
- Redbridge CVS – Provides information relevant to Redbridge community groups, charities and social enterprises including funding. An absolute must for local information! They publish a weekly e-news. Sign up via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Redbridge business networks: Wanstead, Hainault, Redbridge College, Chamber breakfasts
- Wanstead Business Directory – if you are a Wanstead business you can add your business to this Directory – excellent promotion
- Redbridge Institute – An introductory evening course ‘Start your own business’ course
- Co-working spaces – From 10th May 2017 at Hub Central, 2nd floor, llford library during opening times, The Duke pub Wanstead on Tuesdays. Please tell us if you find out more.
- Business partnerships – there are active business partnerships in Seven Kings, Barkingside, Hainault, South Woodford and Wanstead. For more info please contact us
OTHER NEARBY SUPPORT
- Barking Enterprise Centre has desk space to hire and runs regular free workshops for local businesses. Open to Redbridge residents.
- Enterprise For London is funded by the Government to provide support to start-ups in Redbridge and other East and Northern London boroughs. Mainly for businesses that have not started trading and with a longer term business plan of taking on a member of staff. 100 hours of free business mentoring. 0207 1010696 /email@example.com
- ECHO business Timebank runs regular workshops and trading skills/resources of relevance to start-ups and businesses. Free to join and linked with our Timebank
- British Library business classes – the BL runs regular events and workshops on business. Most are free. Very wide range of online resources for your business research – free and COBRA database and resource is available from home. Info on our enterprise club session
- London Small Business Centre. Free courses on setting starting a business at Ilford Library – ( 2016 dates below) and range of cheap workshops on helpful topics. Loans available for viable business ideas with a good business plan. 020 7377 8821 firstname.lastname@example.org (Tuesdays 10-1: 19 January, Tuesday 2 February,Tuesday 24 February,Tuesday 1 March and Weds 23 March 1 – 4pm)
OTHER NETWORKING ORGANISATIONS recommended by start-ups
- Ladies Who Latte is a growing informal network of business support that you either join or start up a group yourself. Many of our start-ups are part of these groups
- NELE is a networking organisation based locally that is all about bringing business together.
LOANS AND GRANTS
- See above – Enterprise For London and London Small Business Centre
- Start up loans is a government-funded scheme that funds and mentors entrepreneurs. You are assessed for low-cost unsecured loan, get help with business mentoring and a range of business support products if your plan is approved by Start Up Loans Company
- Are you on benefits? Do you want to start a business and not have you benefits stopped? Find out more
- Redbridge CVS provides information relevant to Redbridge community groups, charities and social enterprises as well as funding.