Social Saturday is a chance for social enterprises to shout out loud about the fantastic work they do. Social enterprises and the wider sector are encouraged to put on events, open their doors and invite their local politicians to find out more about their work. Social Saturday is 14th October 2017.
Ilford’s monthly community and environmental hub, market & cafe is leading on Redbridge celebrations of Social Saturday 2017. Sophia Hubs is a partner in this venture.
Join and enjoy Redbridge skill sharing and workshops:
- Bring your broken bits & bobs and electricals and see if Hament and Dilip can mend them (free) or get your bike repaired/serviced by Ilford Recycles
- Planting winter veg /making paper pots with Commonwealth Gardeners
- 11.30 am: YouTube clips with Sobia Mahmud on solutions to the plastic problem including ‘the boy who saved the oceons’
- 12.30 pm: Fermenting vegetables (from Organic Ilford) with Begonia of Ilford Transition Town
- 1 pm: How to hair braid with Therese of Skillademy
And of course enjoy the market and cafe …..
- Browse the stalls: natural cosmetics, jewelry, upcycled crafts, cards, plants, bric a brac, bikes…
- And buy homemade cakes, healthy veggie meals and fresh Ilford herb teas from the community cafe.
Come along on Saturday 14th October to the Ilford Green Pop Up Market, celebrate Social Saturday, join in, enjoy, eat and bring your friends 🙂
For more info contact Begonia of Ilford Transition Town/ Sophia Hubs on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07985 540786 or Ros on email@example.com / 07957 534908