Ilford Green Pop Up market, an environmental and community hub- Saturday 9th September 10-2 pm
We’ve booked up 7 stalls plus all the following activities 🙂
- Repair cafe run by two guys that love to mend things: Hement and Dilip. Bring along your broken electricals and bits and bobs and see if they can help. No promises but let’s give it a try.
- 10.30 am: Green You-tube clip of the month: This month chosen by Shilpa on plastic oceans
- 11.30 am: Cooking for health – demos and hands on: This month Julie on making Kombucha
- 12:30 pm: Arts workshop – try out sketching with Ray McSharry
- 1.30: Timebank skills sharing – Intro to buying and selling on Ebay with Richard Joynson. (you’ll need to register with the London Timebank first or ring us on 07957 534908)
- Give and take food table: this is to promote the food sharing app Olio
- Veggie, tasty community cafe
After our meeting last month on ‘The business of Greening Redbridge’ one of the outcomes was the need to have an environmental ‘hub’ in Redbridge. We need a place where ideas and businesses/projects about the environment can be shared, the circular economy and what it means, to be more aware on our environmental choices. So while Sophia Hubs and partners explore that idea, we will know that the market is a meeting place for green minded people so we build up the mini hub the market has already started.
As usual if you would like to get involved in any way, please contact Ros or Begonia. 07957 534908 / 07985 540786.
Things have gone a little quiet at Sophia Hubs now that Ros has left as Coordinator and the Board is drawing up the new business plan. But in the meantime our volunteer team are working on developing this little gem in the heart of Ilford. 🙂