For Redbridge community entrepreneurs
This course is participatory not academic. It’s about being active citizens or entrepreneurs by helping you to actually DO something with your idea- to take step one and learn from it. It is for individuals or organisations and community groups to work on something new. We will be looking at community resources you can tap into and find people to collaborate with. You may ditch your idea and work with someone else on theirs!
All ideas are welcome. Over 2 Saturday mornings, we’ll take a journey together.
Course aim: to build confidence in yourself as an active citizen or entrepreneur
Learning outcome: to create a very mini project that can be carried out by August.
- Dates: Saturday 29 April, Saturday 6th May
- Time: 9.30-1.00
- Venue – Room C, Redbridge Institute, Gants Hill
- Facilitator: Ruth Musgrave
- Cost – £15 for the course, £5 for current Redbridge Institute students
A follow up support session will be offered to all participants and a fab certificate!
Session 1– intros/welcome/support code, exploring community spirit values, introducing our ideas, blocks, finding ways forward, identifying support.
Session 2– welcome/recap, widening support and partnerships, taking a holistic view, sharpening idea, SMART idea, next step, affirmation/ending
Here’s what other graduates have done:
- Ray has got his first art exhibition and collecting names for his new sketching club
- Yvonne tried out street games in Dagenham
- Peter organised an environmental event
- Sarah launched a disabled charity
- Kathy ran a Timebank workshop on plants for health prior to setting up her business Plantastic
- Rubina joined the Timebank to raise her profile for beautician business
My first street event was just a St Georges day cup of tea on the street for one hour. It got 75 neighbours! Since then I have organised (with help from others) 5 St Georges day events, 3 street parties, 3 street festivals, a front garden bonfire and a food festival. It really is important to start small and just test something out whether its a business or community idea. Ros Southern