We are delighted to announce…
the next Redbridge Timebank community skills swap will take place at the fab Give and Take event on Tuesday afternoon 28 March.
This is our first partnership event sponsored by Amey Ltd, the Company that provides environmental and waste services for Redbridge
Tuesday 28 March, Redbridge Institute main hall, afternoon
- Give and Take stall 11.30-3
- Give and Take Timebank community skills swap 12-3
This will be our 15th skills swap event and we are currently booking in people to share skills. Please make contact if you are willing to participate or have a particular skill you would like an hour’s help with. 🙂
““The Give and Take stall is a successful way of promoting recycling and re-use. I think it is an excellent opportunity to be involved in the recycling of skills too and to be part of the community skills swap. You can bring along items like books, CDs, DVDs, sportswear, clean clothes, bric-a-brac, homeware, kitchenware, toys and games. I look forward to seeing you and sharing recycling and re-use tips as part of the Timebank event. See the flyer for more information” Habiba Ahmed
- 11.30 Give and Take stall opens
- 12.00-12.30 Skills swap event: arrivals, register, networking
- 12.30-13.30 First session of skill shares (programme currently being created)
- 13.30-14.00 Break and human bingo game (a quick-fire skills audit and get-to-know-you activity)
- 14.00-15.00 Second session of skill shares
We are booking in skills. It it likely that they will include the following. Final programme to be ready by 21st March.
- Linked In/setting up a free website
- Buying and selling on ebay / intro to Twitter/ Intro to Facebook (always popular)
- Introduction to local forums – NextDoor, Redbridge Recommends,
- Language conversation: Spanish/French/Hindi
- Accountancy tips/ intro to Excel – local start-ups could offer this
- Creative writing
- Green tips/environmental workshops – 2 users from Learning in Mind could run or co-run this
- Yoga, Mindfulness
- How to make solar lights
- Create your own cosmetics
- Kombucha/Kefir making, Fermenting
For more information please check the Timebank page here.
With thanks to Amey PLC for sponsoring this event.