What’s it all about?
It’s a pilot for a new market in Ilford Town Centre. A winter street food market with local food traders and businesses. It’s the UK’s first halal street market. It’s an opportunity to try out and buy new food products not available elsewhere. It’s a new cultural event for Ilford!
When is it?
- Saturdays and Sundays up until Christmas
- Trading hours will be: Saturday 10-6, Sunday 11-5 and Christmas Eve 10-3
What will the food be like?
- Fresh, fabulous, varied and vegan/vegetarian or Halal. And friendly because it’s locals and start-ups that want to engage with their potential customers. 🙂
Who is behind it?
- Work Redbridge in collaboration with Vision Redbridge Culture & Leisure is working in partnership with Ilford BID and Peckish Catering to bring street food traders to Ilford
- Redbridge and Vision RCL is part of their business support programme Enterprise Desk. Trading Post is a pop-up market stall that provides new businesses in Redbridge with the opportunity to test their idea or sell their product at a live event. The winter street food fair will see Trading Post run by four first time traders offering products from homemade sauces to Turkish street food . The participants have had support from Enterprise Desk with their business plans and preparing to trade, everything they need to help get them in front of customers. Peckish Catering, themselves an Enterprise Desk member (and Small Business 100 business) are running the established traders part of the event (five other street food traders).
Who are the start-up traders?
- More info to follow!
Where can I find more info?
What else is happening on Saturday 10th that day to go to?
The Christmas Ilford green pop up market with stalls, activities and a friendly community cafe. Just turn down Clements Road and there’ll be some flags out. Free stalls still available. Comment at end of this blog for more info – we’ll get back to you. This is run by Sophia Hubs and Ilford Recycles.