Enterprising Redbridge support for community groups is hitting the spot!
Redbridge community groups and the charity sector are getting expert business input to give their organisation an MOT and find ways of creating income, cutting costs, collaborating. This project was commissioned by Sophia Hubs and Redbridge CVS.
Aim – a more resilient sector that learns new business skills and is less reliance on funding.
Groups involved so far:…Welcome Centre, Redbridge Foodbank, Ubuntu Arts, Disabled Asian Womens Network (DAWN), Marjorie Collins Centre, Redbridge Timebank, Redbridge Faith Forum, Liberty Credit Union, Ladies Unite, a luncheon club, Ilford sports club, Ask Academy (charity sourcing EU funding) and two upcycling groups that want to become social enterprises.
What’s happened so far?
- Seminar one – all about business model canvas
- Seminar two – how to make your customers go ‘wow!’
- Seminar three – building a brand. Wednesday 29th June 5.30-8pm. In the Salvation Army cafe, Clements Road, Ilford IG1 1BH. Book here
- Working group on your business model canvas – Wednesday 13th July 5-7. Welcome Centre
- Seminar four – learning to love your numbers. Tuesday 19 July 5.30-8pm. Venue to be decided.
One-to-one coaching sessions to 12 groups – pre-booked only
- Wednesday 29th June 9.30-4.30 (Enterprise Desk area, Ilford Library)
- Tuesday 19th July 9.30-4.30. (venue to be decided)
Please pass on the word! To book on the scheme register at http://enterprisingredbridge.org.uk/ or contact Ros – 07707 460309 / firstname.lastname@example.org
This is incredibly helpful. I have learned so much. Janice Irwin, manager, Ilford Sports Club
Very helpful. There’s no way I am missing any of these seminars! Sonia Lynch, Manager, Welcome Centre