Hi my name is Rozi Sahota, I am a local independent Mortgage Adviser.
After many years of working in the financial services sector, I decided in 2015 that with the benefit of my experience and knowledge the time was right to take the leap of faith and start up my own mortgage business, RS Mortgage Solutions Ltd.
As an independent Mortgage Adviser, I now have the freedom to go one step further for my customers, as I am no longer restricted by my office desk and the 9-5 working day. I also aim to provide advice on a range of mortgages from the whole of the market and no longer restricted to products from a chosen lender.
This is what took me on my self-employed journey. My aim is offer a comprehensive service to my customers starting with their mortgages through to their general insurance and life insurance requirements. I am available Monday to Sunday and outside of the typical office hours. I am aware that due to busy working lives, most people can only view properties after work or weekends, which means if they fall in love with a property they need to act fast. They can call me straight away and get the mortgage process started. I have learnt over the years from my time based in an estate agent’s office that this can put the potential buyer in a very strong position.
My Expectations VS Reality as a start-up mortgage broker
- As I started my journey I thought getting my “Authorization” should be easy as I have so many years of experience, I have worked in banking and have also been a broker. How hard could it really be? I was in for a shock as I received what I can only describe as a book that was my application form. Initially it took me a few weeks to complete my part and then I had to enlist the help of a specialized company. And yes, they charged.
- After 3 months, I finally sent the completed application form together with the fee for my “Authorization” and that’s when the wait began. Days turned to weeks, weeks turned to months, bearing in mind the result could have gone either way accept or decline. Then one day 6 months later, I received an email to confirm that my application was accepted and I had been granted my “Authorization”. I was absolutely elated no other way to describe it. The wait was over and finally my journey was about to begin.
- The excitement soon however turned to worry as although I approached a large number of local estate agents and house builders seeking to develop a mutually beneficial relationship, all had existing mortgage brokers and there was no room for a new broker.
- With bills mounting up, not many customers and the start-up capital fast reducing, I realised that I needed to network, especially locally to promote my business. I was no longer part of an established worldwide company anymore. Once I started looking, I found that there were events out there to join however, not without paying both a joining and monthly fee. As most new starters can appreciate in the early days every penny counts so I kept looking.
- After 6 frustrating weeks, I decided to pop in my local library and was told about the “Enterprise Desk”. I was informed that it was a new venture for start-ups, so best to pop in at the event and find out more, which I did very nervously as I didn’t know what to expect.
- At the “Enterprise Desk” I came across Ros Southern from “Sophia Hubs” and explained how I only came across the “Enterprise Desk” by chance on my visit to the local library. Ros who I know now is extremely passionate about her role, told me not to worry as I was in the right place and there was a lot of support out there for start-ups, which would not break the bank. Ros also kindly offered me a slot as a guest blog. I remember leaving the event and as I stood at the bus stop, I took a “sigh of relief” and thinking it’s going to be ok.
- Since then Ros has sent me details regarding several other networking events, these events have given me an opportunity to meet local business people and to get my name out there.
- I am hoping this blog will give people a chance to get to know about me and my business and in the process lead to me helping someone buy their home, investment property or even possibly saving money through switching to a more suitable rate when a deal comes to an end if appropriate.
RS Mortgage Solutions Ltd is an independent mortgage adviser with access to the whole of the mortgage market, including some mortgages that are not available on the high street. Appointments are available Monday to Sunday. No fees or charges are payable for an initial consultation, at which time charges will be fully explained without obligation.
I would love to help you with your home purchase. 🙂
E: email@example.com M: 07504 931533
Your home/Property may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on a mortgage. RS Mortgage Solutions Ltd is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. The financial conduct authority does not regulate some forms of Buy to Let mortgages.