Thanks to Monalisa Chukwuma for a fabulous session at entrepreneur’s club this week on branding. 10 start-ups attended and gave the session a thumbs up for help and clear ideas for branding in 2016.
Here are some of Monalisa’s tips:
- Your brand is what other people articulate about you, how they see you, so you have a brand already.
- To develop your brand, it needs to be the real you/your business, so congruent, authentic and consistent. Don’t think what your customers want (outside focus) but what is special about you -what you offer,who you are (an inside focus)
- If your brand is about a good quality and good customer service, then concentrate on giving the client what they want, whether or not it takes a lot longer and therefore goes over your time allocation and quote. The customers satisfaction is worth more than the income for your brand.
- It’s good to blog. Blogs need to be professional if you use Linked In. One of Monalisa’s blogs brought in 3 contracts totalling £10,000.
- Because your brand is authentic and your business is part of you, you need to ‘be your brand’ at all times – so no tittle tattle, no unprofessionalism, no off-guard moments.
Thanks so much to Monalisa for staying for an extra hour or two to offer support, encouragement and tips to the start-ups that attended. Much appreciated!
Oh, and well done to Stephanie and Amanda who have started their 2016 marketing calendars following advice at the entrepreneur’s club last week! 🙂