We had a useful and well attended session at our evening entrepreneur’s club this week at the Enterprise Desk space in Ilford Library. This is going to be a useful collaboration between Sophia Hubs and the Enterprise Desk! 🙂
Our speaker was Albert Peters of Pegasus HR (see previous blog for more info on him) and he attracted a few established businesses, start-ups and also those considering setting up a business. Albert was able to draw on very wide business experience and training/coaching experience to give useful content and input to such a wide range. Amazing!
Some of Albert’s tips:
- Make a record of what you are spending before you start-up. HMRC takes account of 6 months’s prior costs
- When you’re working out your prices you need to take into account all your living costs, days you can’t work/low seasons etc – don’t price too low, it does not help you in the long run.
- Get good service agreements always with all contractors
- In partnership working you must get a legal contract, and really do not go into partnershipwith family members
- Get other people to review your website and publicity
- It’s worth taking small loans to keep your bank manager involved/interested in your business. It may come in handy during next recession.
Very glad to say Albert is willing to speak again.