At enterprise club Tuesday 5th May 12.45-2.30, we are delighted to welcome Meenakshi Sharma from Ilford. Arrivals from 12.30.
Meenakshi has had a 25-year varied career with a mix of freelance and employment. She only takes work that interests her and she does not make her decisions on the rate of pay (as long as she covers basic living expenses) but on her values – some work pays well, some doesn’t. She has worked with LEAP confronting conflict, Kidscape, a wide range of primary and secondary schools, PRUs, colleges, tuition agencies and covers all sorts of topics including bullying, conflict, science, well being, maths, English…. an experienced business women!
She is most interested in sharing experiences and learning that is relevant to those there but she can talk about any of following or what you want to find out
- finding work with children, young people and adults when budgets are restricted
- getting out there, finding the organisations you want to work and making successful proposals
- working flexibly and balancing freelance and paid work contracts
- Keeping up a presence and involved in your field without social media or website
- Presenting yourself in the best way you can
- Experiences of tutoring and using a ready-made company to advertise through www.tutorhunt.com/users/3219441533088
- Managing money, admin etc
- Work/life balance
- How to build your self confidence and assertiveness
Please would all start-ups complete this online form so that we know what sort of help you are seeking for your start-up at the moment.
c/o St Johns Church, St Johns Road, Seven Kings, IG2 7BB