Great to welcome Lynne, Bojana, Krithika and Marie from the Volunteer Centre today to be part of our joint training on Timebank broking. They joined some of our team: Jenny, Elaine, Lynette and Stephanie.
Liz Walker and I led the training and we looked at
- the reasons for the Timebank,
- how it fits with Sophia Hubs work,
- how it works,
- some of the concerns,
- elevator pitches,
- how to register
- practicing informal conversations with a purpose (getting people to join up!).
The reasons why our work is going to make Redbridge richer is:
- build up community networks and community spirit
- widen the circles of support that people can call on
- Get the things you need (without spending money)
- Widen the customer base and contacts for start ups and local businesses (most work comes from who you know
- Start-ups get their first customer experience and have better chance of making it.