Thanks to our speakers this week – Geoff Hill (Chair of Chamber of Commerce) and Beverley Stratton ( Town Centre’s Manager and Business Improvement Districts Manager). It’s difficult to pick out a couple of tips from them both but here they are:
- Personal relationships get businesses going. People will give you business because they like you.
- Don’t undervalue yourself – set fees that show the value of what you do and that you are carrying all the risks, not them.
- You are creating a brand and it does take time
Comments from some Start-ups:
- “It was good to know that Redbridge can offer business stalls for local businesses at the Town Centre markets” Pankajni
- It’s going to be really useful to go through Geoff’s business planning questions this week – Vicky
- I realise that it is not always a good thing to charge a low price – Lina